Here we go into a real New Year, say hello to 2019. As
wild and crazy as 2018 displayed itself, I think this new year is
going to be a year that we won’t forget soon...I really don’t know
which way it is going to lean, but I do believe that “we” can and will
assist to a point; in a direction that will help others.
Just stay informed, get involved and lead by example. Know what
is going on around you, at all times and may affect your future, stay
January’s and February’s Newsletters will remain shorter, but we
will return to our “norm” in March 2019.
Here we go again: “A REAL NEW YEAR – 2019,”
Hooah, Hugs & Love, Bob
Sea Turtle” #1 Contributed by Linda (Wanke) Rapp [Watch
Let’s Start 2019 Now - Here We Go!
Family Tradition” and “The
Top 10 Christmas Commercials” #2
Contributed by Edward Dumke [Let’s start getting those smiles on!]
Home For Christmas” #3 Contributed by Bob Graham
[We are going to W.V. to visit the Graham Clan on the East Coast!]
Boy Pays It Forward With Found Fortune” #4 Contributed by Peggy
Graham [At the cracker barrel, to the grave site of his father!]
“Disrespect Our Flag” #5 Contributed by Gary Rocklage & Bob
[“Those who would disrespect our flag, have never been touched a
folded one, carried a coffin to its final resting place, or handed a
folded flag to the loved ones of our HEROES! Get a clue before you
DISRESPECT the ones that have given all, for you to express yourself
Short question for you: would you do the same, so others could
disrespect the Flag? Because of your bravery and willingness to give
the “ULTIMATE SACRIFICE?”...That’s what I thought!
ELK & A BOY” #6 Contributed by Mike Graham [Great story.]
Kisses & A Dog” #7 Contributed by Honor America [Saved.]
Gill” #8 Contributed Linda (Wanke) Rapp [Vince Gill as a funny
man - great story!]
“The Plain Dealer” #9
Contributed by Bonita Beck
[Outstanding read – enjoy]
Regina Brett’s 50 life lessons - Published in the Plain Dealer,
Sunday, May 28, 2006
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 50 lessons life taught
me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.” My odometer
rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one
is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no
for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years,
will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends
will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you
did or didn't do.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,
we'd grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don't ask, you don't get.
50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Great And Unusual Pictures” #10 Contributed by Bruce Ahlvin
[Outstanding - 70 slides for you to enjoy!]
Great Photos” #11 Contributed by Peggy Graham [History at its
“Black and White” #12 Contributed by Charlene (Wiper) Swenson
[Under age 45? You won’t understand!]
You could hardly see for all the snow, spread the rabbit ears as far
as they go. “Good Night, David. Good Night, Chet.”
My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same
cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't seem to
get food poisoning.
My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter and I used to eat it
raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper
in a brown paper bag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remember
Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead
of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.
The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and
a pager was the school PA system.
We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injury with a pair of
high top Ked's, (only worn in gym), instead of having cross-training
athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I
can't recall any injuries but they must have happened because they
tell us how much safer we are now.
Flunking gym was not an option...even for stupid kids! I guess PE
must be much harder than gym.
Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem,
and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative
We must have had horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic health
system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and
I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was
allowed to be proud of myself.
The Concert” #13 Contributed by Garth Brooks [The good in
Had The Best Dream Last Night!” # 14 Contributed by a Number of
Classmates [If it were only true - a little satire and politics to
end the mid terms]
The Website For The “Fork Home Page” Remains:
If that doesn’t work for you, just contact me at my e-mail address:” firstname.lastname@example.org or
phone (702) 656-1696 (L / L)
• “Who Said That - Movie Quote Addition” (WST - MQA)
Gary Rocklage was the Winner for 2018 - Gift is with Gary.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARY TO ALL “JANUARY”CLASSMATES!
JANUARY 2019 - “NATIONAL BLOOD DONOR MONTH”
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. National Hangover Day - New Year's Day.
2. Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day.
3. Fruitcake Toss Day.
4. National Spaghetti Day.
5. National Bird Day.
6. Cuddle Up Day.
7. Old Rock Day.
8. Male Watcher's Day.
9. Play God Day.
10. Peculiar People Day.
11. Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day.
12. Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day.
13. Make Your Dream Come True Day.
14. Dress Up Your Pet Day.
15. National Hat Day.
16. National Nothing Day.
17. Ditch New Years Resolutions Day.
18. Thesaurus Day.
19. National Popcorn Day.
20. National Cheese Lover Day.
21. Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday.
22. National Hugging Day.
23. National Pie Day.
24. Compliment Day.
25. Opposite Day.
26. Spouse's Day.
27. Chocolate Cake Day.
28. Fun at Work Day.
29. National Puzzle Day.
30. National Inane Answering Message Day.
31. Backward Day.
As always - thank you for your continued support. I hope that
everyone had a wonderful holiday period. It was truly great to
exchange Holiday Cards with so many of you... you are the best!
Remember we still have many Classmates that are still involved with
Fires and Mudslides. If you know of any Classmates in need, please
send me the names and we may be able to help with their recovery. We
don’t know, until we ask or try. With 2019 here, let’s work together
and see if we can have an outstanding year, for all.
Take care and we will talk again in February.
Hooah, Hugs & Love, Bob