What is going on with you? It has been pretty quiet during the “JUST
MARCH ON IN” - 2019 time frame. Just because we are getting older,
that doesn’t mean it is time to “throw in the towel.” If you are
thinking of that, please don’t. We all have a lot to do, in the years
to come. I want to thank all of the Classmates who took advantage of
last month’s #1 article, “Fitness and Leadership.” Some real great
feedback! I hope a lot of you are really getting something from
“Fitness and Leadership.” If some of you did not get into the Monthly
Newsletter for March, here is a
here for you to use to get to those topics.
Before we start looking at your articles for this month, I thought you
might enjoy this song, by Toby Keith, with assistance from Clint
Eastwood. I have listened to the song and it really has
Let the Old Man In.”
I hope you enjoy it, as much as I have. I listen to it at least a
couple of times a day.
Hooah, Hugs & Love, Bob
“Corned Beef” and my Childhood” #1
Contributed by Bonita Beck
[Some of you may not remember this great food source?]
I remember the corned beef of my Childhood,
And the bread that we cut with a knife,
When the Children helped with the housework,
And the men went to work not the wife.
The cheese never needed a fridge,
And the bread was so crusty and hot,
The Children were seldom unhappy,
And the Wife was content with her lot.
I remember the milk from the bottle,
With the yummy cream on the top,
Our dinner came hot from the oven,
And not from a freezer; or shop.
The kids were a lot more contented,
They didn't need money for kicks,
Just a game with their friends in the road,
And sometimes the Saturday flicks.
I remember the shop on the corner,
Where biscuits for pennies were sold
Do you think I'm a bit too nostalgic?
Or is it....I'm just getting Old?
Bathing was done in a wash tub,
With plenty of rich foamy suds
But the ironing seemed never ending
As Mum pressed everyone's 'duds'.
I remember the slap on my backside,
And the taste of soap if I swore
Anorexia and diets weren't heard of
And we hadn't much choice what we wore.
Do you think that bruised our ego?
Or our initiative was destroyed?
We ate what was put on the table
And I think life was better enjoyed
Author, Unknown ...
If you can remember those days...continue to enjoy your “RETIREMENT.”
Sun Is Going To...”
#2 Contributed by Stevie Graham
(Maybe the best info ever on our global climate!)
Most Decorated Sailor In Naval History”
#3 Contributed by Gary Rocklage (A total HERO - lead from the FRONT!)
You Remember Fender Skirts On Cars?”
#4 Contributed by Bruce Ahlvin (Do you remember them? Did you have
any on “your car?)
#5 Contributed by Edward Dumke
(Check these facts out.)
“Quit Trashing Obama’s Accomplishments” #6
Contributed by Maggie Horwitz & Edward Dumke
[Quoted from AIAM4Truth News.]
1. First President to be photographed smoking a joint.
2. First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student,
then deny he was a foreigner.
3. First President to have a social security number from a state
he has never lived in.
4. First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of
the United States.
5. First President to violate the War Powers Act.
6. First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally
obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. First President to require all Americans to purchase a product
from a third party.
8. First President to spend a trillion dollars on "shovel-ready"
jobs when there was no such thing as "shovel-ready" jobs.
9. First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control
of companies to his union supporters.
10. First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream
Act through executive fiat.
11. First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped
the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those
with criminal convictions.
12. First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to
one of his political appointees.
13. First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation
(Chrysler) to resign.
14. First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in
15. First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to
say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
16. First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without
17. First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law
unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
18. First President to threaten insurance companies if they
publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
19. First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which
state it is allowed to locate a factory.
20. First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore
an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
21. First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had
been properly issued years ago.
22. First President to actively try to bankrupt an American
23. First President to fire an inspector general of America Corps
for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
24. First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected
officials in his office.
25. First President to surround himself with radical left wing
26. First President to golf more than 150 separate times in his
five years in office.
27. First President to hide his birth, medical, educational and
28. First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING
to earn it.
29. First President to go on multiple "global apology tours and
concurrent insult” .
30. First President to go on over 17 lavish vacations, in addition
to date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his
friends paid for by the taxpayers.
31. First President to have personal servants (taxpayer funded)
for his wife.
32. First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000
a year at taxpayer expense.
33. First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at
least once a week at taxpayer expense.
34. First President to repeat the Quran and tell us the early
morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most
beautiful sound on earth.
35. First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the
American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
36. First President to tell the military men and women that they
should pay for their own private insurance because they "volunteered
to go to war and knew the consequences."
37. Then he was the First President to tell the members of the
military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last
I feel much better now. I had been under the impression he hadn't been
doing ANYTHING for 8 years but play golf and go on expensive,
tax-payer funded vacations!
of Animals Experienced Snow For The First Time”
#7 Contributed by Gary Rocklage [Their faces say it all!]
#8 Contributed by Kathy Sheffield (I like the food angle, look at
Rifle Coffee Company”
#9 Contributed by Bob & Peggy Graham [If you like coffee & want to
support the Military... give this one a try!]
“Just Some Thoughts...For You” #10
Contributed by Linda (Wanke) Rapp
[These work very well with grandkids!]
“Believe And You Can Do Anything.”
“The Harder You Work, The Harder It Is To Surrender.”
“Keep Up The Fight. “ (K.U.T.F.)
“Keep Going Because You Did Not Come This Far, To Just Come This Far.”
“The Quality Of A Person’s Life Is In Direct Proportion To Their
Commitment To Excellence.”
“Ability May Get You To The Top, But It Takes Character To Keep You
“Winning Isn’t Everything, But It Sure Beats Anything That Comes In
“Being Tops Among Your Peers; That’s The Height Of Achieving Your
Truisms - Now Some Of These Are Funny, I Don’t Care What You Say” #11
Contributed by Gary Rocklage
[Have some fun with these, football season is coming: #1 - #36]
Families Controlling California For 3 Generations”
Contributed by Bob Graham [What an eye-opener, especially the Pelosi
& Brown Families!)
Gets Shredded On Live TV” #13 Contributed by Peggy Graham
[Hear it for yourself and you decide. Thank you ICE for all you do.]
And After: 30 Recreations Of Childhood” #14 Contributed by
Kathy Sheffield [Check these photos out, do you have anything like
“Good Test For Seniors” #15
Contributed by Edward Dumke & Stevie Graham
[See how many you can get correct - so have some fun, my sharp-witted
Classmates - an oldie, but a real winner!]
THIS MAY BE HARDER THAN YOU MAY THINK. THE ANSWERS WILL BE ON
THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE BUT YOU JUST CAN'T QUITE REMEMBER THE CORRECT
DON'T LOOK BELOW FOR THE ANSWERS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED TO FIGURE IT
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset,
the grateful citizens would ask, “Who was that masked man?”
Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this
behind. What did he leave behind? ______ __________.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all
watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.
3. 'Get your kicks __ _________ _______.'
4. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have
been changed to _____ _ _____.
5. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.'
6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced'
under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called
7. Nestlé's makes the very best....' _________.'
8. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our
parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ______ ___
________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good
Night, and '________ ________ . '
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by
burning their ______ _______.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the
trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by?
______ & _______.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day
the music died.' This was a tribute to _______ ____________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit.
The Russians did it. It was called __________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a
large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the
______ _____ .
16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only
The _____ Knows!
19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a
grave yard smash". Its name was the ______ ______!
20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as
its Logo/Representative - What was the boy's name? ________
1. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
2. The Ed Sullivan Show
3. On Route 66
4. To protect the innocent.
5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
6. The limbo
8. Louis Armstrong
9. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
19. Monster Mash
For Seniors - Yes, We Will Leave You With A Funny One” #16
Contributed by Bob Graham [Some people have no taste, when it comes
TO ALL “APRIL CLASSMATES!"
“RECORDS AND INFORMATION
DATES TO REMEMBER:
1. April Fool's Day
2. National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
3. Don't Go to Work Unless it's Fun Day
4. Hug a Newsman Day
5. Go for Broke Day
6. California Poppy Day
7. National Beer Day
8. All is Ours Day
9. Name Yourself Day
10. Golfer's Day
11. National Submarine Day
12. Walk on Your Wild Side
13. Scrabble Day
14. National Pecan Day
15. Income Taxes Due
16. National Eggs Benedict Day
17. Blah, Blah, Blah Day
18. National High Five Day
20. Look Alike Day
21. Easter Sunday
22. National Jelly Bean Day
23. Take a Chance Day
24. Pig in a Blanket Day
25. Take Your Daughter to Work
26. Hug an Australian Day
27. Babe Ruth Day
28. Kiss Your Mate Day
29. National Shrimp Scampi Day
30. National Honesty Day
A long time ago I expressed to you... That OUR Class is a VERY
SPECIAL GROUP THAT HAS STUCK TOGETHER, THROUGHOUT ALL THESE YEARS!
THANK YOU, YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES!
Don’t forget, not only is this an APRIL FOOLS MONTH; it is also INCOME
TAX MONTH... Gitt’er done! Be safe, stay happy and have an
Outstanding Month! We will get together, once again in May.
Hooah, Hugs, & Love - Bob